1. The promoter is FutureX Innovation Ltd. whose registered office is at 40 Constitution Street Edinburgh EH6 6RS.
2. Entry to the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
3. Competition entry opens on 1 August 2019 and closes on 30 August 2019 at midnight. Any entries received after the 30 August 2019 will not be eligible.
4. After entries close, the Startup Summit competition semi-final will take place the week commencing 30 September 2019, you must be there in person. The confirmed date will be announced a week prior. The semi-final will be held at Johnston Carmichael Offices in Edinburgh.
5. The final pitch will be held at Startup Summit 2019 at Assembly Rooms on 30 October 2019 with the winner being announced on the same day. If you have been selected to present in the final pitch, you must be available to pitch on the final date selected.
6. Eligibility for entry is within mainland UK aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be required.
7. Entry is by form submission on landing page (https://startup-summit.com/competition and http://bit.ly/SUS19Comp)
9. Entrants grant FutureX the licence to use any photography or video collected during the #SUS19 competition in post promotional activity and media.
10. The competition prizes are as follows:
a. One spot on the FutureX Silicon Valley Accelerate programme, including flights from Edinburgh and accommodation (up to a limited amount) for the duration of the programme. The prize is valid for the SVA20 programme and is non-transferable. There are no substitutions or cash redemptions for the prize.
b. The three finalists will each receive one full recruitment service package, provided by AAI. These prizes are for a period of one year after Startup Summit 2019 and are non-transferrable. There are no substitutions or cash redemptions for these prizes.
11. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated in the applicable Specific Terms. For example, unless stated in the applicable Specific Terms, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event are not included.
12. The winner will be announced at Startup Summit 2019 on 30 October 2019.
13. The winner must confirm their acceptance of the prize within 14 days of notification.
14. FutureX reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. In the event that this happens, this document will be updated with the amended Terms & Conditions.
15. If an insufficient number of eligible entries (as determined by FutureX in its sole discretion) are not received by the closing date, FutureX reserves the right not to award a prize or carry out the competition.
16. To enter the Startup Summit Competition your company must be based in the UK and technology focused.
17. Only one person per company is eligible for application. The person in question must be Founder or Co-Founder of the company.
18. The entrant must be in possession of a valid passport and be eligible to travel during April 2020. Furthermore the entrant is responsible for Visa and ESTA applications in which to be applied for the trip.