2. Entry to the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
3. Competition entry opens on 1st September 2021 and closes on 15th September 2021 at 23:59 UK time. Any entries received after the 15th September 2021 will not be eligible.
4. After entries close, the Startup Summit competition semi-final will take place the week commencing 4th October 2021. The confirmed date will be announced a week prior. The semi-final will be held online and you will need access to a computer with a stable internet connection, a webcam and a mic.
5. The final pitch will be held at Startup Summit 2021, online, on 26 October 2021 with the winner being announced by 28 October 2021. If you have been selected to present in the final pitch, you must be available to pitch on the final date selected. You will need access to a computer with internet, a webcam and a mic.
6. Eligibility for entry is within mainland UK aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be required.
9. Entrants grant FutureX the licence to use any photography or video collected during the #SUS21 competition in post promotional activity and media.
10. The competition prizes are as follows:
- The winner will receive one spot on the FutureX Silicon Valley Scale programme. The programme includes an online course as well as a 5-day visit to San Francisco and Silicon Valley. The prize includes access to the programme (both online and physical elements), flights and accommodation in San Francisco (up to a limited value) for the duration of the programme. Please note, due to the ongoing Covid -19 pandemic there are no set dates for the FutureX Silicon Valley Scale programme and is subject to postponement or cancellation. In such cases, there will be no substitution or cash redemptions for the prize.
- All finalists will get initial business consultancy support from Johnston Carmichael.
- The winner will receive £50,000 from the STV Growth Fund for marketing on STV (subject to T&C’s). The prize must be redeemed by 31st October 2022 or risk being forfeited, advanced booking deadlines also apply. The STV Growth Fund membership and prize is only available to businesses registered in Scotland or who book through a Scottish media agency, winners will be ineligible for this prize if the business does not meet these criteria.
- All semi-finalists will each receive one-year’s free membership to FutureX Plus, the hub for purpose-driven entrepreneurs. The prize is non-transferable. There are no substitutions or cash redemptions for the prize.
- All semi-finalists will each receive pitching advice in preparation for the Startup Summit Competition final. Pitching advice will be given by Silicon Valley Squares.
11. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated in the applicable Specific Terms. For example, unless stated in the applicable Specific Terms, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event; or the cost to a webcam and mic; or the cost of internet access; are not included.
12. The winner must confirm their acceptance of the prize within 14 days of notification.
13. FutureX reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. In the event that this happens, this document will be updated with the amended Terms & Conditions.
14. If an insufficient number of eligible entries (as determined by FutureX in its sole discretion) are not received by the closing date, FutureX reserves the right not to award a prize or carry out the competition.
15. To enter the Startup Summit Competition your company can be based anywhere in the world but has to be technology focused.
16. Only one person per company is eligible for application. The person in question must be Founder or Co-Founder of the company.
17. The entrant must be in possession of a valid passport and be eligible to travel during 2022. Furthermore the entrant is responsible for Visa and ESTA applications in which to be applied for the trip.
Applications close 15th of September 2021